Interview with Taly Matiteyahu, Founder of the Blink Date
By night, Taly works to build Blink, the audio-only blind speed dating app inspired by a revelatory experience at a blackout restaurant. Making connections with strangers based on conversation alone, free of looks-driven assumptions, sparked the thought: would people date a wider variety of people and find more satisfying relationships if they were able to make an emotional connection with someone before swiping left? In 2020, Taly finally began turning the vision into reality and hopes to change online dating’s looks-first paradigm and, one day, move the concept beyond the dating world.
By day, Taly works at an AI-powered legal tech company as a Product Manager, having previously worked as a lawyer at a NYC law firm and as a legal operations professional at Netflix and Datadog. Taly earned her Bachelor's degree from New York University in 2011 and her Juris Doctorate from Columbia Law School in 2015.
Here is what Taly and I talk about:
- The generational gap in relationships between 30 years ago and the millenial wolrd Is Blink Dating made to have fun or to connect deeper?
- How to have a real conversation within 10 blind minutes?
- Don't you think that we can miss a big match if we don't see the other person photo at first sight?
- The ultimate intimacy experience
- The surprising dating conversation starters
- How does the Blink Dating process work